PDA

View Full Version : Century carseats recall?????

boxermom5
06-21-2001, 04:49 PM
I was recently at our local Babies 'R' Us store researching car seats, buying clothes, etc when suddenly we were surrounded by a group of employees pulling several Century/Graco car seats. The guy who was "in charge" of these folks kept whispering to them about the car seats were being recalled but I couldn't hear why. When I asked them why they were pulling these car seats off the shelves (it was the Accel DX5 and the newest one I think it's called the Smart Move?), he told me he couldn't discuss it. I've been in twice since then and asked about these car seats and why they were pulled but each time was met with a very tight-lipped "They've been recalled and we're not at liberty to discuss why." I haven't heard or read about any Century car seat recalls (just the strollers) recently--does anyone have any ideas why these seats were being pulled? Is it just the store in the Augusta, GA area or is it other Babies 'R' Us stores?
boxermom5

Geebee
06-22-2001, 09:26 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-01 AT 08:27AM (Mountain)[p]Take a look at www.centuryproducts.com. If you look at the Recall Information, it is the second one listed. It is only for carseats (Encore, Accel, Bravo, and Smart Move) shipped between April 10 and May 10, 2001. The web site lists the exact model numbers.

I hope that helps!

alandenisefields
06-25-2001, 11:26 AM
Yes, that is correct. We have a link posted to the recall on our page:

http://www.babybargainsbook.com/babybargains/recalls.htm

The car seat recall info is best found on Century's web page as mentioned above!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

boxermom5
06-26-2001, 09:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
We ended up buying the Fisher Price Safe Embrace at Toys 'R' Us--it was $30 cheaper (and that was before I used an in-store coupon for $8 off) than at Babies 'R' Us!
boxermom5