PDA

View Full Version : Safe Embrace online retailers

xenvar
06-23-2001, 08:43 PM
I am trying to find the Safe Embrace Convertible seat to purchase online. However, the only store I have seen the current model at is Dmart. WebRX sells it, but it looks like an older model, judging by their model number and comparing to the Fisher Price web page. I have not shopped at Dmart before and am wary of trying new online retailers. Would anyone be willing to share their shopping experience with Dmart or know of any other online retailers for the Safe Embrace?

Also, if anyone has installed this seat in a Honda CRV, either rear or forward facing, I would love to hear your comments.

Thanks much!

aunt83me02
06-23-2001, 10:30 PM
Babiesrus.com has the same model that WebRX has. Babiesrus.com also has the Safe Embrace II with the LATCH system. My sister ordered a carseat from Dmart and was very pleased. The shipping was only $10 and it arrived within the time they said it would. I hope this has helped. Check carseatdata.org for compatibility with the Honda CRV. Good luck!

MommyMellie
07-04-2001, 07:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-01 AT 06:21PM (Mountain)[p]I purchased my Peg Perego stroller from Dmart and was very pleased. I even had a customer service representative call me to verify the pattern I selected. It arrived rather quickly and was perfect. I've also called their customer service department to inquire about the Baby Bjorn carriers they had on their website and not only was there no wait time, the representative was super helpful and friendly.

I will definitely be a repeat customer...

xenvar
07-05-2001, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the information on Dmart. Sounds like they are a great company. Unfortunately, the Safe Embrace Convertible seat is now "Sold Out" on their web page. It looks like lots of folks are trying to get one. I ended up picking one up at Toys R Us. They had 2 when I got there so I decided better safe than sorry and got it on the spot. It was $99.99, plus they had an in-store coupon for $8 off any car seat.

Thanks for the information, everyone!

nrschluter
09-18-2001, 10:07 AM
HI there,

I saw your message, and I was wondering if the Safe Embrace worked in your CRV. I am having difficulty finding a carseat that will fit safely into my Honda CRV. I am frustrated as I have purchased and returned the Cosco Touriva, and I am presently using the Century SmartMove which will also be going back to the store--but I am not sure what to replace it with. Any information would be wonderful.

Nicole

aunt83me02
09-18-2001, 11:09 AM
I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with the SmartMove, my sister had one and it was pretty solid, but it depends on your car/seats. Have you thought about the Britax Roundabout? You can check http://www.carseatdata.org for a compatibility list of seats with your particular vehicle. The Safe Embrace is basically impossible to find now. Someone mentioned before about the new Evenflo Triumph, a convertible which is supposed to have some features similar to the Roundabout.

xenvar
09-18-2001, 01:46 PM
Hi Nicole,

The Safe Embrace works great in my CR-V. But note that I have it installed in the rear facing position in the right rear seat. So the passenger front seat will only recline so far. Good luck with your car seat search!

nrschluter
09-19-2001, 11:07 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back with me. I also need a seat that installs securely in the rear facing position. Just curious as to why you installed it in the right rear seat as opposed to the center? And, also curious as to where you found the Safe Embrace. As I am sure you know, there aren't many of them out there. Again, I appreciate your taking the time to get back to me.

xenvar
09-19-2001, 12:27 PM
Hi Nicole,

I didn't put it in the center because I need to recline the driver's seat, and I figured there would be interference between the driver's seat and the car seat. When I turn it around to forward facing, I will put it in the center.

I got my Safe Embrace at Toys R Us. But that was a few months ago, and at the time they only had 2. You might want to try calling a few to see if they still have any.

nrschluter
09-19-2001, 03:11 PM
Hi there,

I see. And, I will try Toysrus and babiesrus. Thanks again.

niki364
10-03-2001, 03:36 PM
Just an FYI, I found the Safe Embrace car seat at Walmart here (NC) last week for $60.00 They had just gotten the shipment. they had LOTS of them, a 6'x 6'x 8' stack of boxes in the center isle. The clerk said they had never carried FP before. I wonder if WAlmart could be the one liquidating their remaining stock? Anyway, I got one, Don't need it right now, but as a foster parent of infants, I know I will.

Niki in NC:)

niki364
10-03-2001, 03:39 PM
Hi Nicole, I just found the SAfe Embrace at WAlmart here in NC last week for $60.00. They had lots and had just gotten them in. Maybe you could check where you live.

Niki in NC