PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Fisher Price Safe Embrace II?

docreeler
06-26-2001, 12:17 PM
Hello,

I am thinking about buying the FP Safe Embrace II, since I wish a LATCH compliant convertible car seat. I won't need it until next year, however, since our baby is not due until Novemeber, and we are planning on buying a separate infant seat. I would love to hear from anyone who has used this seat what their experiences with it are; specifically regarding ease of use and cleaning. (I am concerned about this because the FP web site's description does not state that the seat has a removable, washable cover. I have not been able to find the seat locally to examine it in person.)

Also, the Baby Bargains Book indicated that Britax stated that they might be coming out with a LATCH compliant seat some time this year. Britax' web site is silent about this. Does anyone (Denise and Alan, or anyone else) have any information about if/when wuch a seat might be available (or for that matter, about any other manufacturers releasing such seats since the latest edition of the book came out)? Were FP not discontinuing making car seats, I would normally wait until closer to the time we needed such a convertible seat to buy it; but as it is, I'm not sure whether to get a FP seat while they are still obtainable, or to wait and hope that something better comes along by the time we need a seat.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on my confusion!

- Lynn

alandenisefields
06-26-2001, 01:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-01 AT 12:17PM (Mountain)[p]Hi Lynn: Given the fact your baby won't be needing a convertible seat until next spring (or summer 2002), I'd NOT buy that FP seat and wait. There will be more LATCH seats on the market by 2002 and it would be smart to just wait.

As for Britax, good question----Britax keeps promising us and others that they will debut their LATCH seat "soon." Of course, they said that back in 1999, 2000 and now 2001. So, who knows? I can imagine they won't wait much longer, but exactly when it will come out is anyone's guess.

Does that help?
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

docreeler
06-27-2001, 10:13 AM
>Hi Lynn: Given the fact your baby won't be needing a
>convertible seat until next spring (or summer 2002), I'd NOT
>buy that FP seat and wait. <snip> Does that help?

It does indeed! I shall wait at least until early next year to buy the seat. Thanks for the rapid and helpful response.

- Lynn