PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Stay in View

aunt83me02
06-27-2001, 03:29 PM
I saw on the Consumer Reports website that they rated the Stay in View #3. However, it was the only seat out of infant and convertibles that got the excellent rating in the crash test(and they tested the 3pt. not the 5!) I guess I don't understand their reasoning. I know they didn't particularly like the handle, but.... Any comments from a Stay in View owner?

cillakat
06-29-2001, 09:46 AM
Lots of my friends have been using this carseat and have rave reviews....I love it because I'm the one installing it in their cars:) and it installs so wonderfully easily in virtually every car because of the unusual base shape and high belt path. It's also light (lighter than any others) and narrow -so it can fit in center positions in which other carseats often won't fit.

I love the front harness adjustor on both the 3 and 5 pt versions....I love that you can switch the harness from the low to the top slots without undoing the whole harness....*but* if you need to wash the whole harness it's easy to remove and reroute on both versions. Ditto for the cover.

The handle? They didn't like the handle? I think that's the best part of the seat besides the fantastic base with great compatibility in cars. the handle makes it *so* easy to carry without constantly slamming into your leg, bumping the baby. It's also easy to sling it across your chest, over your shoulder and carry it (having your hands *totally* free) either in the front, on your side or even *on your back*.

My best friend hadn't figured out her sling yet, and needed to walk the dog. Walking the dog and taking the stroller was too much....and the baby didn't like the baby bjorn. she put him in the SIV, strap across her chest over her shoulder and moved the seat around to the back....

She walked the dog and the baby like this for 3 months.

The mirror in the base is *great* - not only can you see the baby, but the baby can see the baby:)\

So....easy install, easy carrying *and* it fits in every stroller I've put it in - inclucing my faves: the Graco MetroLite, the Peg Perego Pliko, the PP Venezia and the Combi 6600. Note: when I tested these, I didn't use a 'perfect fit' type bar...I just placed the carrier in the stroller and got a good, snug fit by adjusting the recline angle of the stroller back.

This is such a great carseat. I'm stocking up on them to give to ppl as FP is getting out of the carseat business. They'll be sorely missed. Their convertible seat - the Safe Embrace is also a great seat that filled that met the safety needs of many at a reasonable price.

;)
katherine in atl
[email protected]