PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy convertible seat?

cscbrown
06-29-2001, 11:27 AM
I need some advice about when I should buy a convertible seat. My baby is 4 months old and still fits in his infant seat(about 14lbs & 23 in). But I would really like to start looking at convertibles so I don't have to make a hasty purchase. I would like to get a Safe Embrace, but all of the BRU stores in my area no longer sell them - so it looks like the SE is not an option. BabyCatalog has Roundabouts for 175.00 - should I go ahead and buy one, or is it possible the Roundabout with LATCH will be available anytime soon? Thanks for the advice.

walda
06-29-2001, 01:43 PM
Where did you find such a good deal on a roundabout? I checked the babycatalog.com website, but they were $194 (with free shipping)...
BTW, we're having the same dilemma here too, since our son is 15 lbs, 2 oz and 24 inches at his 2 mo. checkup. (he was 7 lbs. 11 oz at birth) At this rate he will outgrow his infant car seat in another month... maybe? Anyone out there with a similar experience?

cscbrown
06-29-2001, 05:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-01 AT 04:31PM (Mountain)[p]On the welcome page at babycatalog.com, there is a small picture in the upper right corner with Overstock Sale Roundabouts for 175.00.

alandenisefields
07-02-2001, 09:55 AM
To answer the original question, I think purchasing a convertible seat now is fine---your baby probably won't need it for 2 months or so, but he might be nearing the height limit for his infant seat (which they usually outgrow before the weight limit).

Still no word on when Britax will debut a LATCH seat. We'll post any news on this on our web page (in NEWS) when we hear!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS
Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com.