PDA

View Full Version : Infant car seat toy bar

gaby
07-06-2001, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know of a great toy bar that I can attach to my Graco Snug Ride infant car seat (and perhaps later on to a convertible seat)? The Fields' mentioned the one from Graco but when I checked Graco's website, it said that the toy bar should NOT be attached to infant car seats.

thanks,
Gaby

nywifey
07-06-2001, 10:59 AM
The Whoozit Activity Spiral at The Right Start is great for an infant. You can put it anywhere, not only the car seat.

cscbrown
07-10-2001, 09:02 PM
I bought the Tiny Love Take Along Arch to use with my carseat. I have read not to attach anything to the seat, but this is very soft & hopefully not dangerous. My baby loves this and it has definitely been a lifesaver. The best feature is its portability - we can fold it up and stick it in the diaper bag and use it when we need it.

cillakat
07-14-2001, 10:52 PM
you'll want something that can attach to a part of the seat that isn't the handle. And it's important to have something soft so that, should a collision occur, the toy won't become a projectile - injuring your baby.

Tiny Love makes two different ones...the take along arch does have kind of hard plastic ends -but I know ppl who do use it. I'm not sure if I would...I'd have to think on that. But they also make the super carbar which you install under the base of the seat -then the soft arch comes over the seat. I know quite a few who have this and like it....

There's also a mobile thing that I saw in the onestep ahead catalog that looks very soft. It suction cups to the side window and baby can look up at it....

Of these, in terms of optimal safety we're probably talking about the super carbar from tiny love....or the whoozit toy that someone mentioned.....

;)
katherine in atl
[email protected]

triangle
07-15-2001, 11:13 PM
I have the tiny love one that has the plastic clamps to attach it to the seat (I also use it to attach to our pack n play) and my daughter loves it. We also have the Whozit spiral but I don't know what to attach it to on the car seat since the car seat handle shouldn't be up - what do you all use?