PDA

View Full Version : venezia or pliko

holland2
07-13-2001, 01:51 PM
I would like to buy one stroller and use it for a long time. I was told that the pliko is better for when the baby is 6 months. is that ture? if so, then is it wise to skip the venezia and simply get a pliko trek? any advise is appreciated.

evans dad
07-13-2001, 05:08 PM
The Pliko is an outstanding stroller. Prior to 6 months, you'll mostly use it with your infant carrier as a travel system anyway. We are at 4 1/2 months, and have not used it without our infant carrier.

cillakat
07-14-2001, 10:28 PM
most of my friends have the venezia....I have the pliko. If you use an infant carrier, then for the first few months, you'll be placing the carrier in the stroller anyway - not the baby. Anyway - imo, it doesn't matter, the pliko lies *almost* flat. It's soooo close to flat.

Both the venezia and the pliko fit every single infant carseat that I've tried in them - and I just set them right in there...haven't used the attachment bars.

Also, they'll both hold the Britax Roundabout (both rear and front facing) and most other carseats which is *awesome* if you travel alot (37 flights in 27 months and counting...38 in another 2 weeks).

Honestly, if i had to do it over again, I'd probably buy the venezia - more room for my sleeping toddler, bigger basket. But I *really* like my pliko. I've never found any need to have a small, alternative travel stroller - even if I had the venezia, I still wouldn't have another 'travel' stroller.

Either one will be great...just personal preference. One thing though. All pliko's got all terrain wheels this year....and I can't stand the things. i think they're horrible. Make it very difficult to maneuver when compared to previous models with the old, smooth wheels (like on the venezia). I ordered the smooth wheels for mine....can't wait till they get here!

:)
katherine in atl

[email protected]

E&E
07-25-2001, 09:53 PM
I have the Venezia - I love it. I don't get the argument that as the baby gets bigger you need LESS of a stroller, I really don't. We also have a SavyZ, but that is mostly for air travel or when we are going into the city and space is limited. It is NOT for the baby's comfort, which is our top priority. It hink the Venezia is the best stroller on the market at this time.