PDA

View Full Version : New Cosco opus 35 lxi-infant seat-carrier for birth to 35lbs

Nooknookmom
07-13-2001, 05:44 PM
Has anyone tried the new Cosco Opus 35 lxi? It is on babystyle.com for $89.00 and looks really cool. It has a 5pt harness, adj. canopy, can be used w/out the base(which I feel safer about), can be used from birth to 35 lbs (no more using an infant seat for only 6 mos!), and has a boot to keep the munchkins warm. I would rather have a Britax hwc, but they are soooo small. Just thought I would try for some feedback on this seat. Thx.

cillakat
07-14-2001, 10:21 PM
first of all, it's *very* heavy. I don't know the weight, but it's got to weigh close to what my Roundabout weighs (13.5 lbs) and it's very large. I can fit *all* other infant seats in my peg perego pliko (no attachment bar, they just sit right in there beautifully). I couldn't get the cosco seat in any of the strollers that I like (the pliko, the venezia, the combi 6600 or the graco metrolite), but I bet it would fit in a milano. and of course, you can get it as a travel system. I just don't happen to like them - again b/c of the weight.

Of course, though, for many, that's just a minor inconvenience. The seat is a great idea and will fill the needs of many ppl I think. You can get this seat and keep virtually any baby RF for *at least* a year and definitely longer if you want to - probably 18-24 months if you choose...then get a combo seat when baby goes FF.

otoh, this seat is *so* heavy, that I really can't imagine being able to use the carrier feature for long....so if you're not using it, the $$ might be better invested in a roundabout or other great convertible. just really depends on your needs I think.

I really like the base - it's going to have great compatibility with virtually all cars. though you were saying that you might want to use it w/o the base....

another option for a great carseat w/o the base is the Fisher Price Safe Embrace Infant Seat. It was Fisher Prices seat prior to the Stay in View. Many ppl I know who are techs, *loved* that seat. Built in locking clips like on the Fisher price Safe Embrace convertible....and no base...but a cinch to install. You can still order them directly from Fisher Price.

Here are some links about the FPSE-infant:
http://cg.superpages.com/cgi-bin/php/bestbuys/prod?ProductId=PID3473
http://www.epinions.com/kifm-review-67E-AE779CE-39C19A81-prod1/tk_~CB008.1.1

:0
katherine in atl

[email protected]

Nooknookmom
07-15-2001, 08:12 PM
Thank you thank you-I will stick to Britax!!!

triangle
07-15-2001, 11:08 PM
Will the Cosco seat fit on the snap n go stroller? My 5 month old only weighs 16 pounds but she is 26 1/2 inches long which means she has outgrown our Graco infant seat and we were thinking of getting this costco seat. (We have the Safe Embrace 2 but we'd like to keep her in a carry seat for as long as possible!)

cillakat
07-16-2001, 02:25 PM
the one by Kolcraft. Or if you have a PP Milano, it'll fit in there....or other large carriage type stroller. too big for the venezia and most other strollers.... Have you seen it? It's massive. If you have a large BRU around you, you could check it out in both your snap 'n go and the Kolcraft one - some of the larger BRU's carry the Kolcraft, though most don't.

:)
katherine in atl

cillakat
07-16-2001, 02:25 PM
the one by Kolcraft. Or if you have a PP Milano, it'll fit in there....or other large carriage type stroller. too big for the venezia and most other strollers.... Have you seen it? It's massive. If you have a large BRU around you, you could check it out in both your snap 'n go and the Kolcraft one - some of the larger BRU's carry the Kolcraft, though most don't.

:)
katherine in atl