PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price removed from BRU??

JeffreyTCook
07-14-2001, 12:07 AM
Was just at BRU registering with my wife for the upcoming baby shower and noticed that the Fisher Price car seats are no longer on display...now I know that Fisher Price was no longer going to sell them, but were they pulled?? Everyone make a run on them because of the high ranking in Consumer Reports?? Or does my BRU need some more demos??

cillakat
07-14-2001, 10:06 PM
Fisher Price stopped production immediately upon their announcement that they were getting out of the carseat business...and that came at basically the same time as the consumer reports review - which personally I think is *not* good carseat testing....but independent of that, the FP seats *are* fantastic.

I went FP hunting at all of the BRU/TRU's in atlanta last weekend. Found one FPSE II on the back clearance shelf in the alpharetta store. and one FPSE I at the TRU south of Atlanta. Found quite a few FP SIV infant seats and no boosters or combo seats.

If you're interested in them, I'd search high and low and *get them now*

Great infant seat, great convertible seat.

:)
katherine in atl

[email protected]

GwynH
07-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Katherine's right... Fisher Price is out of the car seat business. I called their consumer hotline today and was told they discontinued their entire car seat line the end of May. :-( If you would like to write and complain about FP's decision, here's the address: Fisher Price Consumer Relations, 636 Girard Avenue, East Aurora, NY 14052.
Gwyn

Steph
07-19-2001, 07:44 PM
We just purchased a 2nd Fisher-Price Stay in View car seat via Amazon. It was the only place we could find it, and felt fortunate since our old one was in a fender bender when my DS was 6 weeks old. I fell in love with the car seat and am soooo glad that Amazon still had some left. Good Luck.

triangle
07-21-2001, 12:14 AM
I wanted to let you know that I saw a FPSE2 at the Babies R Us in Warwick, RI tonight. I bought one last week but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it because I'm not crazy about the padding -parts of it seemed to not have padding at all and I don't like the cloth on the seat cover. But it was the #1 rated seat by Consumer Reports so I haven't decided!