PDA

View Full Version : Does Fisher Price Stay in View seat work with Snap-n-Go?

martusia17
07-16-2001, 06:50 AM
Hi! I am thinking of buying this infant car seat, but have recently received the Snap-n-Go LX as a gift. Can I use it with the Snap-n-Go? What about Century infant seats? Are they compatible? Thanks!!! :)

alandenisefields
07-16-2001, 11:23 AM
The short answer is no---but the Fisher Price Stay In View does work in the new Kolcraft Universal Car Seat System stroller frame (which is similar to the Snap & Go).

As for Century, we'll let our readers answer that---in general, the answer is yes but Century doesn't recommend it (see the NEWS section of our BABY BARGAINS book web site for details).

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

cillakat
07-16-2001, 02:44 PM
it's such a great infant carseat...so light, so easy to install, so *wonderful*. I don't like the century's b/c none of them have a front harness adjustor (except the Avanta EX which is nearly impossble to find) and I think this is *key* for getting a proper harness fit every time.

what about exchanging the snap 'n go for the kolcraft version. Like Denise said, it fits the SIV.

another option would be to skip the stroller frame thingie and just return it for the actual *stroller* that you love/want.

The SIV fits beautifully in all of the Peg Perego strollers (not on the attachment bar -just right in the seat). I have the SIV and the Pliko. My best friend has the SIV and the Venezia. Fits the Chicco 2002 which I also love. the Combi 6610....the graco metrolite....basically any stroller with a front bar....the MacLaren Opus IV....the list goes on:)

Personally, I'm not crazy about the way either of the stroller frame thingies 'drive', but if you were just using it inside (ie malls, etc) it would be okay....

:)

katherine in atl

[email protected]

martusia17
07-16-2001, 06:57 PM
Hi! Thanks everyone-- I plan on returning the SnapnGo and getting the Kolcraft because I decided on the Fisher Price seat! Thanks again for the responses- this board is wonderful! :)