PDA

View Full Version : Venezia Stroller

bala0509
07-18-2001, 09:15 AM
Can anyone suggest infant car seats that are compatible with the Preg Perego Venezia?

cillakat
07-19-2001, 08:06 AM
has fit. I haven't messed around with the attachement bar - haven't felt the need. If you can get to a BRU that carries the Venezia, you can try all of the different seats in it. All of the Evenflo seats fit, the century seats, the Fisher Price Stay in View (my personal fave), the Peg perego, The Graco Snugride.. seat etc. The only one that doesn't fit is the Cosco Opus/Designer35. too big.

I think that a few things can make a massive difference in terms of how easy it is to properly use a carseat *every* time. For me, a front harness adjustor is *necessary* - which narrows you down:

Graco SnugRide DX-5
Fisher Price Stay in View
Century Avanta EX (if you can find it anywhere)
Peg Perego Infant seat
Fisher Price Safe Embrace *infant* seat (stopped mfg in '98)
Britax Handle With Care (don't know if it fits in the Venezia though...doubt it - but love this seat otherwise)

Unfortunately, none of the evenflo models have a front adjustor...which is just as well, the OMW series tend to have lots of compatibility problems and are heavy. And the Discovery seats, though they have *great* compatibility, are also heavy.

With the exception of the Avanta *EX* only, none of the Century seats have front adjustors. Though they, like the EF Discovery's have great compatibility.

If for some reason, I coudln't get one of the five aforementioned seats and had to get either a Century or an Evenflo, I would go with an Evenflo Discover 5 pt model. They have rear harness adjustors which are fairly easy to use. The Century seats are very difficult in terms of harness adjustment, increasing the likelihood that your child will often be riding in a harness that's too loose.

If I were to pick one of the above seats, I would go with the Fisher Price stay in view....well, truth be told, I *did* pick that one and would again. I find it the easiest to install in a wide variety of vehicles, I love the carry handle (and the number of options that gives one), love the weight, the size, the harness adjustment etc etc.

:)
katherine in atl
[email protected]

E&E
07-25-2001, 09:47 PM
I have the Venezia, I purchased the infant seat adaptor bar for $19 at Buy Buy Baby and have been using it with my Century Smart Fit and it works great. Unfortunately, my HUGE 6 month old is about to go into her Britax RA, so I'll be loosing this lovely little convenience! :)