PDA

View Full Version : fisher price stay in view extra base?

kellieburke
07-25-2001, 12:19 PM
my husband and i would like to purchase the FP stay in view, but we were told they do not sell the base by itself. we were hoping to purchase an extra one for my husband's car so that we didn't have to switch the base out every time we needed to change cars...any suggestons? i have tried calling FP and they said they don't have any available. i am wondering if this is typical?

cillakat
07-25-2001, 01:15 PM
there was only the stock that they had at the time that they made the announcement (couple months ago). In that time, they've sold out....

If you want the SIV, which is a seat I LOVE, you may just want to buy it, then when using it in dh's car, use it w/o the base, since you probably won't be doing it that often. Or, heck, you might get lucky and find one on clearance somewhere...then you could have two:)

That's what happened for me. I purchased the 5 pt for use, then happened to stumble across a 3 pt for $22.90 at TRU - it was the last one and they wanted to get rid of it. wow.

If you end up looking at other seats, I like the Century Avanta *EX* (others don't have front adjustors which I think is *really* important) and the Graco Snugride DX-5. Personally, I'm not a fan of the other Century infant seats b/c of the difficulty/ lack of harness adjustment capability. I wouldn't be likely to choose an Evenflo seat, but if I did, it would be the five point Discovery (not the On My Way). the discovery doesn't have front adjustor for the harness, but does have an adjustor on each strap in the back of the seat and is pretty easy to use.

I also like the Britax HWC and the FP Safe Embrace *infant* seat (baseless, but with built in locking clips.

All of the seats that I mentioned fit wonderfully in many strollers - Venezeia, Pliko, Graco Metrolite, Combi 6610....

:)
katherine in atl
Katherine in atl

kellieburke
07-27-2001, 04:43 PM
katherine,

thanks for the great advise. i am very new at this and didn't realize you could use the car seat without a base.

also, do you know if the FP SIV works with combi? we purchased the ultra savvy 2001.

thanks for your imput