PDA

View Full Version : Is the Graco infant seat really the heaviest?

hamey
07-26-2001, 07:19 AM
We are purchasing the peg perego venezia and are looking for an infant seat which is compatiable with the conversion bar. In an earlier post people have suggested the Graco seat but the book says that it is the heaviest. Is it really that much heavier than the Fisher Price? I am petite and am dreading a heavy carrier but I don't like the idea that the Fisher Price seats are being disconntinued and hard to find. Can people comment on the Graco seats?? I can't go to the store to compare the lightness of the seats because I haven't been able to find an Fisher Price ones on display.
Crissy
ps-It's too bad that the peg perego car seats are so uncomfortable for the mom (they have no padding on the carry handle and after holding it in the store for 5 minutes it was starting to hurt my hand, and that's when it was empty!) But I liked the padding in the seat and it matched the Venezia stroller so nicely!

alexsharp
08-01-2001, 11:58 AM
I have that exact combination - Venezia and Graco Snugride. I find that when out and about that I am not carrying the carrier alot. I either use the stroller or the shopping cart. My husband usually carries it around if we are browsing in a store - I tend to take the stroller out. It is a bit heavy - but in the larger scheme of things it didn't make a whole lot of difference to me - I just wanted a safe car seat. That seat also fit the best in my car (I tried my cousin's evenflo - and quite frankly I liked the Graco handle better too!)
But just evaluate how much you are going to actually be carrying the baby in just the carrier. I also hold it with both hands alot if I have to walk further. But I love my venezia! We use it everywhere!
I hope this helps.

hamey
08-02-2001, 05:59 AM
Thanks for your reply! I was also planning on getting the "snap and go" for outings where I am not with my husband or trips to the mall so I won't have to use the venezia for those type of outings (I'm always trying to figure out ways to make things easier on myself, LOL!). It's so good to hear that someone else is happy with this combination, whewww! Thanks!
Crissy