PDA

View Full Version : Convertible car seat with base? Need to use in 2 cars!

Juliayn
07-26-2001, 08:12 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good convertible car seat that has a base so it can go in and out of more than one car? I current have the Graco SungRide DX5 infant car seat which I love because it can in and out of our 2 cars as well as my parents' car, and fits into our Perego Venezia as well as the Snap-n-Go beautifully. I know a convertible seat won't have as many conveniences but I'd like one that I could at least use in both our cars.....thanks!

mom@home
07-26-2001, 10:18 AM
To my knowledge, there is not a single convertible carseat that has a detachable base. If you do not want to be constantly switching your carseat from one car to another, buy 2 seats. You could buy a nice high-end convertible seat like the Britax Roundabout for the vehicle your baby will be in the most and a cheaper no frills seat like the Century Accel for the car your baby is in occasionally. Good luck!

MonsterMom2
07-26-2001, 07:19 PM
I asked the same question at Right Start and was told that there are none that have a detachable base- probably due to safety/design issues. I plan to buy a very comfortable one for my car and then get a less expensive, but highly rated one for dh's car.