PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Travel System

carmel
07-27-2001, 03:46 PM
My husband and I are looking at the Peg Perego Pliko travel system, for our first baby due in another month. We're wondering if anyone has used this travel system, and if so what's their impression of it?

We're aware of the recall on the Perego car seat, but we'll be getting a new one, which will not be effeced by the recall.

The other car-seat we're thinking about it the Graco snug ride DX5. Price wise they work out about the same (we've seen a great bargain online in the travel system). They both have 5 point harness with front adjusting straps and the same max baby size. True the Graco has a level indicator. We tried this in the store - the seat can move by a huge range without effecting the level indicator, so we don't think it's very accurate.

If you have used the Pliko travel system please reply with your impression of it.

Thanks in advance,

Carmel

hamey
07-30-2001, 08:35 PM
I can't answer your question exactly except to say that we are purchasing a Peg Perego Venezia and a Graco French bear Snug Ride infant seat (with the conversion bar you can fit the Graco seat into the Venezia). I would love to purchase the peg preg. infant seat because it would match the stroller exactly and it seems to be of great quality (like the stroller). But I would encourage you to really check out the peg preg seat, I held it in my hand for 5 minutes in the store (while it was empty) and even after that short period of time it was starting to hurt my hand. The handle has no gripping material nor is it contoured at all. It's just plain, hard plastic. The sales man told me that peg preg. has only been making these seats for ~3 months, it's their first attempt. Hopefully on their next version they will make the seat more "handle friendly".

Rico
10-27-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm glad you mentioned the conversion bar. Our first baby is due in February, and we like the Peg Perego stroller. But I can't find a conversion bar anywhere. Everyone says "get it on the Internet," but I've been searching and getting nothing but a headache. Any ideas?

amyinNC
10-28-2003, 05:55 PM
I have the primo viaggio seat and pliko stroller. It's an older model that we snagged for a steal last year. I really love it - especially when I look at all those terrible graco and evenflo systems that everyone gives up on after a couple months. The stroller is great - in fact, our primary mode of transportation, as my son's daycare is just down the block. I think you will be really happy with it for at least 6-9 months. After that, I think everyone wants something lighter, like a mac.

Good luck making your decision.
Amy
mom to Andrew 7/9/2003