PDA

View Full Version : Was told by BRU that Graco Snugride would slide side to side on a Combi stroller.

mesbs
08-02-2001, 07:13 PM
I am planning on getting a Graco Snugride infant seat and a 6610 Combi Perfect Match Convenience stoller. A salesperson at BRU tried to talk us out of this as he said the Graco seat would not fit securely in the Combi stroller but move from side to side. He then told me to buy the Graco Metrolite stroller which he said was sturdier (or the same) as the Combi but that the Graco Snugride seat would fit much better. Has anyone had any problems with the Graco Snugride and the Combi strollers? Also, how do the two strollers compare?

whero13
08-02-2001, 08:01 PM
I have a Combi Perfect Match stroller and the Graco Snugride infant carrier and have been using them together often. There has been no sliding whatsoever. It doesn't snap in, but the strap that holds the seat seems strong to me. Besides strolling at the mall, we also use the stroller on walks almost every morning. My daughter is 10 weeks old. There might another thing to think about though. The Graco seat doesn't fit in any shopping cart seats.
Michele

reagansmommy
08-04-2001, 12:38 PM
We have the Combi 6600 stroller and a Graco SnugRide. I have had no problems with movement from the stroller. I love the combination, especially since my baby is almost four months old and about to outgrow her carseat. I will have the stroller I want and will be able to get a new carseat. I started out with a travel system and so glad I wound up with this.

BTW I bought the Combi because I felt the Graco and Evenflo strollers were made out of cheap plastic. Also I saw a lady in the mall with a Graco tha was squeaky and about ready to fall apart. That sort of tainted my opinion, but who knows how well she took care of that stroller! Just my opinion though!

Hope this helps.
Michelle

MonsterMom2
08-27-2001, 01:35 PM
I have a Graco DuoGlider that I used two Snugride car seats on for my twins. When my son passed away in April, the first thing I did was buy a single stroller. I usually research large purchases but did not do much research when I chose the single stroller, which is the Combi Perfect Match. I used the car seat on it with no problem and felt very comfortable with its safety. The learning curve for folding, etc is greater than with the Graco, but I have the hang of it now. I love that it is lightweight (I took it on a plane trip with no other adult assistance). The adjustable handle is great for my tall husband.

I did see a Graco single in my pattern at Sears on clearance for $30 less than the price I paid for the Combi about a month later. If the timing would have been better, I would have chosen the Graco over the Combi- easier to fold and adult cup holder.