PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for European travel?

acadiaphile
08-10-2001, 03:16 PM
We're likely traveling to Europe next summer when our infant would be about 8 mos. old. I'm wondering whether any of you have advice on what we should do about an infant (or convertable) seat. We're planning on going from the Graco SnugRide to the Britax Roundabout, but I'm wondering whether it'd be better to bring one of these (if so which) or if it's possible to rent a seat once we arrive (we'll definitely start out in Germany).

Thanks for whatever info. you have.

ElbertMom
09-20-2001, 12:44 AM
This July my husband and I spent 3 weeks in Italy with our 4 month old. My biggest piece of advice would be to use a carrier such as a Baby Bijorn or backpack instead of a stroller. We lived in Germany for 4 year before our daughter was born and we walked all over and knew we would do the same in Italy.

As far as the carseat goes...we took our daughters Century carseat with us (minus the base station). For most of our flight travel we were able to get a seat for her and used her carseat for take off and landing as well as naps. We rode public transportation in the Rome area or walked and we used the Baby Bijorn during that time. We had a rental car for 1 week in the Naples area and we used her carseat without the the base station. I used the carseat as a high chair as well since she had just started solids prior to our departure.