PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer/Cosco as a primary car seat

avalon01
08-14-2001, 02:03 PM
Looking for a 3 in 1 car seat and interested in the Eddie Bauer as a primary car seat from infant to booster. Is their another one like this in a different brand? Cosco is not the best brand, but interested if anyone has bought and used the EB with likes/dislikes? Really like to buy the Britax Roundabout, but only good until 40 lbs and infant currently 14+ at 4 months. Would also like recommendations for 2nd hubby car?

Thanks

mom@home
08-15-2001, 07:18 AM
Try not to get too caught up in finding a carseat that will work from newborn to age 62 (just kidding!). Carseats that are deemed safe now may not be the safest option 3 years from now. Boosters for older children are a relatively new phenomenom and standards are likely to change as more research is done on this subject. As far as the Cosco 3-in-1 goes, I say skip it. While the seat rated decently in Consumer Reports when used as a carseat, it was not recomended for use as a booster because of poor belt guides that allowed for there to be slack in the seatbelt, therefore not properly restraining your child in the event of a crash. I have the Britax RA and love it. As far as only going up to 40lbs goes, your baby is not going to continue to put on weight at the rate that he has been. My daughter was 13 1/2 lbs at 4 months and at 3 1/2 years now, she weighs just 30 lbs and still fits comfortably in her RA. As far as a 2nd seat goes , the Century Accel is a good budget choice. It's about $60, has a snap-together chest clip, rear-facing to 30 lbs, and is reasonably lightweight. Good luck with your decision - I know how confusing it can be. If you look on the message boards, there are several responses to similar questions that might be helpful to you.
-Lauren