PDA

View Full Version : Need help selecting an infant/toddler convertible LATCH system car seat.

rlmcabee
08-20-2001, 02:02 PM
I need help selecting the best convertible car seat with LATCH system for my 2001 Dodge Caravan minivan. I tried to order the Fisher Price SE II, as noted in my previous posting, couldn't get the product (poor web/customer service from cribs2go), so now I am back to shopping for a convertible car seat with the new LATCH system. Baby is due in Oct. and we already have an infant car seat so we have some time before we must make a decision on a convertible.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on what is currently on the market and what is coming to the market? Thanks a bunch.

tobymc
08-21-2001, 09:39 AM
I would definitely wait awhile.

I know that Evenflo has new products coming this fall. I"m not sure if they are Latch. But by Sepember, 2002, all carseats must come with latch, so there should be more and more choices. Even if your baby outgrows the infant seat by 6 months, you should have a lot more choices by then.

Right now, your only convertible latch options are the FPSE II, the Cosco Triad, and the Century seats with their retrofit kit. The Britax Expressway is a forward facing only seat.

Toby