PDA

View Full Version : Britax Super Elite

pilotwife777
08-28-2001, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know when the Britax Super Elite will be available for purchase?

tobymc
08-28-2001, 04:03 PM
It is available now - just not very many places.

This is basically a special needs seat (the Traveller Plus) that has been stripped of some of its extra padding and features. It has been available in Europe for a long time, and was recently approved for US useage. I think they are using the same "tool" in Europe (Germany I think) to make the Super Elite. But they only have one tool, so there is only a trickle of seats arriving in the US.

The US branch of Britax is busy making more tools. They are apparently close to finished with one tool, and are also working on a second. This will increase the number of SEs available quite a bit. But apparently it takes a long time to be sure that the tool is up and running and pefectly safe, so its completion date keeps getting pushed back.

In the meantime, there ARE some of these seat available. Some of the on-line vendors have them, and a store called the Toy House in Michigan often has them and will ship them for actual shipping charges. Mostly they seemed to have concentrated on specialty stores in the Northwest, so if you live there you might call around. But there aren't very many, so you may end up on a waiting list.

In a few months, things should open up.

Toby

pilotwife777
08-28-2001, 10:20 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have sent an email to the Toy House and await a reply. I have only found one other online store, kidsbiztoys.com, who are taking reservations for Spring 2002 shipments of the SE. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 month old and I wanted to move the other one into an SE so the younger can use the Roundabout and get out of the non-Britax infant carrier.

Thanks again,
Jennifer