PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Car Seat Confusion

laf0998
08-29-2001, 10:21 PM
My wife and I are expecting our first child in November, we have decided on getting the Perego Venezia stroller and cannot decide which car seat to get with it. We are choosing between the Perego, and the century avanta ex. We were concerned about the perego recall but have been told that the issue has been resolved and we have also heard that centruy has a history of recalls. We like the fact that the perego snaps right into the stroller, but dont like that base does not have a level adjuster like the avanta does. Any recomendations would be a huge help.

kasrae
08-30-2001, 04:21 PM
We are also expecting our first child in November and are planning on getting the Pergo Venezia. We decided to go with the infant seat Smart Fit plus even though it does not fit onto the frame of the stroller. We were told that all of the infant seats that could attach to the stroller have been recalled a lot so we just went with the two different pieces. We are also going to be getting the FP Safe Embrace for the converter car seat.

Good luck with the baby.

relowe99
09-23-2001, 11:13 PM
We purchased the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio travel system. While we like the stroller for the most part, we DO NOT like the car seat!

Sure the fabric matches the stroller but they sure could stand to do a little research and update certain features.

For example, this car seat is mutch narrower and deeper than Graco or Evenflo models. We have a three month old who HATES this seat because we have to stuff him in it. It has a five point harness so you have to basically DIG the buckles out of his butt after struggling to get his arms under the seat belt. By the time I get him in it, he's crying and very unhappy.

The three point harness's are sufficient and MUCH easier,as the seat belt pulls over the head and snaps at the crotch.

We had to buy yet another car seat as he was so unhappy all time. We bought an evenflo model and love it. He also uses it as a seat to sit on the floor in the house to watch videos. It also rocks on a flat surface if you need to pacify him while in a store! It is much wider and has the z shaped carry handle. You'll like the price better also!

My Son is 14 lbs and is about to bust out the Peg. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY THE PEG PEREGO CAR SEAT!

shellifab
10-02-2001, 02:58 PM
I have the Venezia that I have been using since my son was born 4 months ago. I love the stroller!

I bought the Century Smart Fit Plus 22V car seat and have loved that also.

To use the 2 together I bought an attachement for the Venezia for about $20 that allows you to attach any car seat onto the stroller. It has been great so far and I am very happy with the combination.

LisaH
10-06-2001, 02:25 PM
We have the Peg Perego Martinelli and the Century Avanta which is attached to the stroller with the $20 adapter bar already mentioned. The stroller is great although it is heavy (the venezia is heavier, isn't it?). The Century seat is good except for two things, the fabric (a blue and tan plaid) faded with washing and the carrier is heavy. My son is now 16+ pounds and now even my husband finds carrying him in the Century to be a bit burdensome. I hope this is helpful is some way.

Lisa