PDA

View Full Version : Century Avanta or Graco Snug Rider

nywifey
08-30-2001, 11:45 AM
I'm interested in these two carseats and was wondering what your thoughts were on them. I love the features of the Avanta and that it holds a larger baby, but I've heard problems with the release buttom getting stuck. The Graco seems the most popular but the Fields' don't recommend it if you have a big baby. I'm thinking the Avanta is the better way to go since you could use it a little longer. Any thoughts?

SarahD
08-30-2001, 03:07 PM
Another advantage to getting the Avanta is if you get the EX model than it comes with front harness adjusters. I've heard from others that this is a great feature to have. The Avanta SEs don't have this option though...only the EX. Good luck making your decision!

SarahD

trip
09-06-2001, 10:08 PM
The Graco Snug Ride also has front adjusters. I thought it wasn't as cumbersome to use as some other car seats. I like the base options which makes it a snap to get in and out of the car. We bought a better Graco stroller that works with it rather than the travel system. It's been easy to move the base when needed and the leveling system helps install it. Our daughter is tall for her age at 6 months, so we're looking at a convertible car seat. That's a bummer, but she's also at a point where we won't and most parents aren't lugging their child around in the car seat anymore. The convenience was worth it to us. It's important to find something that works well for you.