PDA

View Full Version : Graco SnugRide Questions

Caroline99
11-15-2002, 03:54 PM
My husband and I have pretty much decided on the Graco SnugRide infant carseat. Graco offers 8 different models for the SnugRide. What is the difference in all of these models? I know that some offer the 3-point harness and some offer the 5-point harness. Aside from that, what are the main feature differences between the bottom-of-the-line SnugRide and the top-of-the-line SnugRide? And what features would you consider to be must-have for an infant carseat?

Because we are both tall, I suspect our child will outgrow the SnugRide before his/her 6-month birthday so we're budgeting to move into a convertible seat at some point in the first year, but we'd still like to go with an infant seat for the first few months.

TIA,
Caroline

egoldber
11-15-2002, 04:20 PM
The top of the line Snugride usually has the 5 point harness AND the front adjuster. It is the front adjuster that makes the Snugrude super easy to use.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
11-15-2002, 07:37 PM
I think that there are also some differences in non-essential accessories - some have a canopy, some have a "boot", and so on...

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

Rachels
11-16-2002, 10:21 AM
A front harness adjuster is essential, btw. I wouldn't even consider gettiing a seat that didn't have one.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Tondi G
11-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Main differences are fabric colors and plushness, harness 3pt or 5 pt, a front Harness adjuster which makes life a WHOLE LOT easier, and as far as I know some have adjustable bases and some don't... you want the adjustable base... elliminates the need for pool noodles and towels to get the proper recline for baby when installing the seat!

You want to look for a 5 point harness with the front harness adjuster and with the base that has a lever to help with recline when installing! Good Luck and Congrats!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

dd_ani
11-17-2002, 10:19 PM
We have a Snug Ride and really like it, but CUSTOMER SERVICE AT GRACO STINKS!!!!

The seat is great as an infant seat for getting in and out of the car. It is compatible with several of the strollers that accept infant seats as well, which was a selling point for us. I would recommend the 5 point harness -- it seems safer. The other differences seem pretty much cosmetic.

That said, don't expect a lot of help from Graco. If you need the strap extender kit, be prepared to be insulted and have the medical history of your child questioned. At least, that was my experience. (I have written to Graco on this issue -- no response yet.)

Good luck

Michelle

Caroline99
11-18-2002, 10:05 PM
What is the front harness adjuster and why is it a must-have? A friend of mine w/ two kids didn't understand it either. Does it have to do with the way the child goes into the seat or the way the seat goes into the base/car?

Caroline

egoldber
11-18-2002, 10:41 PM
With the front adjuster, you can loosen the straps all the way. When you buckle the baby in, you are able to tighten the straps very easily with a pull on the strap. With a back adjuster, you need to adjust the length of the straps before baby gets in the seat. The tightness of the straps will be different depending on the type of outfit baby has on, etc. The front adjuster makes it much easier to get a safe tight fit on the straps every time.

HTH,