PDA

View Full Version : Britax car seats

Kase
11-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Hello

I have been looking into buying a Roundabout latch car seat but saw on the Britax website that they also have the Advatage and Galaxy models. I have looked at the descriptions of each but am having a hard time understanding the real difference between each of them. Can anyone simplfy this for me so I can figure out which one I should buy.

Thank you!

gour0
11-17-2002, 02:53 PM
I honestly can't answer your question. But, wanted to ask if you've thought about the Marathon. I was looking at the Roundabout, too, but have been hearing a lot about the Marathon and its extra 25 lbs. forward facing.... It's the only one that is good to 65 lbs instead of 40. Just something to consider.

Tondi G
11-17-2002, 05:56 PM
I would second the suggestion to have a look at the Britax Marathon if you haven't already. It is a convertible that will really take you child to the age/size they should be before having to buy a booster seat! In addition to the higher forward facing limit of 65lbs it also has a higher weight limit for extended rear facing as well! Check it out!

As far as the difference between the Roundabout and the Advantage... the roundabaout has individual belt paths that are rethreaded as your child grows.... with the Advantage there is a knob that you turn for infinite heights that bring the straps higher and lower so you never have to rethread the belts/harness!

Good Luck on your decision but definetly check out the Marathon!

~Tondi