PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon fabrics ???

akc
11-18-2002, 02:19 AM
Hi -

I have a question about the fabric in the seats of the new Britax Marathon. ALL of them are a puffy, velour-like fabric (I think there are five available) which I'll bet is cozy, but will soon be one, giant, sticky mess. ;) My daughter has some clothes in a fabric like that and the second she drools, etc. they get matted and gross looking. Does anyone who has the fabric have any advice on whether I should get it now or wait? We have a Roundabout that we were going to exchange because my daughter is at 100th percentile at height and weight at 4 months, so we could get better use out of a Marathon, but I'm not so sure about those fabrics and keeping it relatively clean! Never thought I'd want boring old "Windowpanes" which is the Roundabout fabric/pattern we have.

Thoughts?

Alexa
Mother of Maeve
DD born 7/6/02

schums
11-18-2002, 07:05 PM
I have the MA in the fabric that BRU has (COlonel Blue or something like that) and it is soft and velour like, but doesn't seem to mat down like DS velour outfits do. We haven't had any problem. And you can take the seat off and wash it (by hand, I think). I have a big baby and wouldn't trade the MA for anything. When we looked at the RA, it looked WAY to small and uncomfortable for him, but he actually looks small in the MA (he's at 97th percentile). Plus, he can see over the "wings" out the side windows and out the back window (the MA seems to sit up a little higher rear facing) which cuts down on fussing in the car.

Sarah

akc
11-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Oh - that's good to know. Maybe I'll go ahead and exchange our RA then. I just couldn't believe that this velour wouldn't be gross. I guess it will be hard to find someone who has an older child since it just came out. I'm just worried about snacks sticking and sippy cups spilling on that kind of fabric. ;)

If there is anyone out there with an older, snack-enabled child in the Marathon OR with another carseat that has this kind of fabric, I'd love to hear what you think?!

Alexa

emandjeff
12-05-2002, 09:55 AM
HI! We have the Marathon in the STORMY color! Both my 2 year old and 4 year old use it! We have had it about 3 months now and it still looks brand new! I love the fabric!

Good luck~ Emily