PDA

View Full Version : Are there LATCH retro kits for Britax RA?

acadiaphile
11-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Toby (or anybody else out there): Do you know if there's a LATCH retrofit kit for the Britax Roundabout?

TIA.

Christine

TiggyRN
11-19-2002, 06:03 PM
I'm not Toby but I can tell you what Britax Customer Service told me when I called about that same question. They told that at this time there was no plan to make a LATCH retrofit kit for LATCHless Roundabouts.

Sherry and Katie (2/8/01 in a FF tethered Roundabout)

Sherry and Katie (2/8/01 in a FF tethered Roundabout)

tobymc
11-20-2002, 09:49 AM
I know that they know that there is tons of interest in a retrofit kit. I also have not heard any plans to make one.

As far as I can tell, Britax interpreted the rules for retrofit kits more strictly than some other companies, and doesn't feel that it can make a kit to their standards that can easily be retrofitted by consumers. I admire them for their insistance on excellence, even if it is a pain now. It is true that Britax seats all have the dual adjuster latch straps, meaning that you tighten the seat on both sides. This appears to be safer than just have an ajuster on one side, which is the case for most other manufacturers, both in their retrofit kits and in their latch-equipped seats. So perhaps this fact makes it more difficult to make an easy to install and use retrofit.

Bottom line, I doubt we'll see a retrofit kit.