PDA

View Full Version : Toby...have a question about the Brtiax Companion infant seat....

TiggyRN
11-19-2002, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I saw your post below about the Britax Companion. I was very happy to see that it is going to have a rear tether as well as the rebound bar. Can you tell me if the seat is going to be deeper than the Handle With Care? Also, is the Companion going to have a reinforced handle like the HWC?

From everything I have read about this seat the only disappointing thing to me is that Britax changed the weight limits from the original 30lbs down to 20 or possibly 22.

Sherry and Katie (2/8/01 in a FF tethered Roundabout)

tobymc
11-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Yes, it will be deeper, and I suspect that the handle will still be reinforced (i.e. it can remain up in the driving position).

It will have a base too, did I mention that? And it will work with some stroller, and be offered as a Travel System.

I'm trying to get more info on the weight limit. I'll post if I do.

tobymc
11-21-2002, 02:23 PM
The latest word I got says that the weight limit will be 22 pounds. It will be deeper than the HWC, and the handle can reside in any position during travel (i.e. same reinforced handle as the HWC).

TiggyRN
11-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Thanks for finding out for me!! I really appreciate it. DH and I are TTC#2 and I am doing my research now for the infant seat I want.

Thanks again!
Sherry and Katie (2/8/01 in a FF tethered Roundabout)

IansMom04
11-24-2002, 08:55 PM
Hi
I'm no expert.. but all my mom friends and I have found that babies maxs out the height before the weight on the infant seats 9 times out of 10.

shrug.

I didn't realize that Britax made infant seats.. I'm so glad to know this.. I love Britax and will definatly get an infant seat by them when the time comes

Chantal