PDA

View Full Version : Help! Marathon won't fit in Ford Exp. SportTrac

Techmama
11-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Britax Marathon & Ford Explorer SportTrac

DH is trying to get the seat installed today and it doesn't look like it will fit. He thinks it will fit if we never recline it but DS is only 3.5 months old. I would imagine there would be times I would want to recline the seat while he's sleeping. Even if the seat is upright, the front seat must be pushed very far up.

Any advice?

mama2be
11-25-2002, 03:02 PM
I am responding to keep this up at he top so Toby will see it...and wonder if Toby is "off" (thanksgiving). I can't help but feel that the Marathon has to beable to go into a Ford Explorer...I mean if it can't go into that it can't go into 90% of vehichles then...

WE too have an SUV and are getting a Marathon so I am eagerly awaiting a response from a guru...but feel safe to say it has to go!!!!

hellollama
11-25-2002, 05:08 PM
An Explorer Sportrac is not the same thing as an Explorer or an Explorer Sport. Its not a traditional SUV. It the Vehicle that is a cross between an SUV and a truck with a truck bed in the back. Its kind of like an extended cab pickup truck.They have much less room in them than a traditional SUV and I could see how the OP could have a problem fitting a car seat in it.

mama2be
11-25-2002, 06:15 PM
OH ...I assumed it was the only "explorer' I knew of...I hope it fits for you...

RLymburner
12-17-2002, 05:41 PM
Actually the Sport Trac is the Explorer from the Rear seats forward so share the same amount of space as the regular explorer. I have the ST and I'm looking for a convertible seat.

First time poster, long time reader!

hellollama
12-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Yes, but its based on the old explorer platform, not the new one, so its not the same as the new explorer. (The size may be similar, but not necessarily the fit). Old explorer owners would be the best person to ask on the issue of how to fit a marathon into it.