PDA

View Full Version : Marathon vs. RA

cara1
12-04-2002, 02:25 PM
Just wanted to say that I think I'm regretting buying the Marathon. DH RA is sooo much easier to use (never mind the initial installation). With this crazy weather we've been having, I frequently have to adjust the straps when I put DS in the seat. It's nearly impossible to do on the Marathon. I'm pulling, struggling, and having tremendous difficulty. But the button on the RA is sooo much easier! Just my two cents...

emandjeff
12-05-2002, 10:16 AM
I have the ROUNDABOUT and a MARATHON and use them both everyday! I LOVE the RA and recommend it to everyone! I do like the MARATHON but am frustrated with the buckle-- My 4 year old can buckle herself in the roundabout which is a great PLUS because I have a 2 year old and 9 months! I have a hard time buckling the Marathon! I never thought I would say that I love the puzzle! I almost wonder if there is something wrong with the buckle! It does not click when you put one of the sides in-- and it is very hard to unbuckle... Is there anyway to switch the Marathon buckle to the "puzzle" buckle like the Roundabout? Have you heard of anyone else not pleased with this part of the seat???

Thanks- emily

schums
12-10-2002, 11:43 AM
According to Britax, the buckle is only supposed to click once both pieces are in place correctly. When you put one side in, it just sort of sticks. The click lets you know the kid is buckled in correctly.

I really like my Marathon. The only thing I'd change is the "racheting" that seems to happen when I pull on the strap to tighten everything up. I'm assuming this is because it is meant for bigger kids, so it has to have a different lock/tighten mechanism.

Just my 2 cents.

Sarah

zydmom
12-19-2002, 01:52 AM
I have found that I often can't get the straps tight on my rear-facing Marathon just by pulling on the front strap the way you're supposed to. So here's the method I use to tighten the straps. (My seat is on the driver's side). I push the release button in the front with my right hand just like you do when you're trying to loosen the straps and use my left hand to pull down and tighten the straps BEHIND the seat at tight as they go. Then I release the release button and pull on the single front strap to take up the slack.

gour0
12-19-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm hoping the wizard will come out before I need to decide!