PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price Stay-In-View question

stillplayswithbarbies
12-14-2002, 05:59 PM
I just got my SIV, the one with the 5 point harness, and I have a question. It has no chest clip, is it supposed to have one? If not, would it be safe to add one? I have seen replacement clips at TRU made by Century.

...Karen
EDD March 21

Rachels
12-14-2002, 07:16 PM
It doesn't have a chest clip, nor does it need one. I don't know about adding another, but I wouldn't. It was crash-tested without it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Eilly
12-14-2002, 11:12 PM
I have a SIV -- love it -- bought on Ebay. It has no chest clip either, in fact I have no idea what a chest clip is or what it's for.

The SIV soft carry strap is great. I just carry my son over my shoulder like a weekend bag. He is starting to get a bit heavy for this though (at 3 and a half months) so I'll have to start figuring out another system. Use the SIV with a Kolcraft infant car seat carrier. Good combination.

KCR4
12-16-2002, 12:31 AM
When I got my SIV in summer '01, I had the same question. I called Fisher Price and was told DO NOT add a chest clip. The whole point of a chest clip, in general, in a carseat is to position the straps over baby's shoulders so the top half of her body doesn't come out in the case of a crash (this is why a chest clip is properly positioned at armpit level - to keep the straps in position). The SIV's straps/harness system was designed to stay over the shoulders WITHOUT a chest clip. You will love not having to mess with the chest clip for baby's first months - all convertible seats have it, so enjoy not having to fuss with it now!