PDA

View Full Version : Britax Wizard vs. Marathon vs. RA

gremlin44
12-19-2002, 04:21 PM
Another Britax to think about? *sigh*

I was looking at the Marathon but have seen lots of complaints about the strap adjustment.

And now someone here mentions a Britax Wizard.

What's the difference between the Wizard and the other two? Where can I find more information about it? When is it due out?

Joolsplus2
12-19-2002, 05:49 PM
you can find out more information about the Wizard at the http://www.britaxusa.com site. The thing that makes it special, is that the harness height is "infinitely adjustable" (they have a current seat with this feature, the Advantage), which means all you have to do is dial a knob to raise and lower the harness straps, and you never have to rethread the harness through higher and lower slots on the back of the seat. it has the same measurements and weights as the Marathon: 5-33 pounds rearfacing (and my 3 year old is 30 pounds and rearfacing, it is very tall!), 22-65 pounds forward facing. Personally, I have no trouble with my harness adjuster. In fact, since I've never owned a Roundabout, I can't be disappointed in it (it is not as easy as a roundabout, but it is a much nicer harness than any of the other 10 seats I've owned!) Julie

gour0
12-19-2002, 06:20 PM
http://www.britaxusa.com/news.cfm?id=1&wne_id=661DE8C6-6B17-40D8-949E22F6981F666C

This will take you directly to Britax's blurb about the wizard.

darell
01-06-2003, 04:25 PM
I purchased the Advantage, thinking the adjuster would be great. Well, since I don't adjust it but once every few months, it isn't worth the extra money to me. Then add to that the fact that the strap catches on the back of that adjusting mechanism sometimes and makes it hard to snug the kid in there. I purchased the Marathon on purpose so I wouldn't have that same trouble with the adjusting mechanism of the Wizard.

Now, what strap problems are people having with the Marathon? I haven't had a problem with it yet....

joodyjr
01-06-2003, 10:38 PM
No strap problems here either on the Marathon!! Love it just as much as I love our Roundabout, and the King, love the King too! I'm going to start adopting children so I have a reason to buy more Britax seats.. LOL.. just kidding, I'll just get pregnant again! LOL