PDA

View Full Version : Hip carriers - which one is best

shall85296
12-20-2002, 12:57 PM
I am looking into hip carriers for my sis-in-law, and eventually myself, for her 1 year old. Which ones work the best and are the most comfortable. The best looking one I have seen so far is the hip hammock. I'm not really interested in the slings.
Thanks for your help

mama2be
12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
I can't give advice on which is best because I have never used one. I do have a fleece pouch awaiting my baby's arrival.

BUT this site was referred to me recently by Beth and it is filled with info on slings etc...

www.kangarookorner.com

I'm certain others can give you reviews etc...n different products but thought I should share this site with you till then...

uccomama
12-21-2002, 10:57 AM
I would recommend you look at the ERGO Baby Carrier. This is not a hip carrier but a front or back carrier. I have the Hip Hugger (similar to the Hip Hammock) and the ERGO carrier is way, way more comfortable. Actually it is the most comfortable carrier/sling I have ever used. Believe me I have and used many different kinds. I really prefer carring a baby on my back to hip for several reasons, it gives you two completely free hands, with a hip carrier the baby does somewhat block the movement of one arm. The baby/toddler is better balanced on your back and his/her weight is distributed onto both shoulders and hips. I am still able to carry my almost 3 year old in one for as long as he wants to be carried!

The ERGO Baby Carrier is beautifully made, easy to use but they don't recommend it for babies under six months old.

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com

Deborah