PDA

View Full Version : Peter Rabbit Infant Seat -- any advice or info?

kevhaworth
12-22-2002, 02:17 PM
We just came across the Beatrix Potter/Peter Rabbit Infant Car Seat at Wal-Mart (I know, but pickings are slim here in Appalachian Ohio). Has anybody bought one or heard solid info about it? The price seems right ($60) and it seems to have good features: auto base, handle, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Joolsplus2
12-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi, you need to find out the brand and model...that's just the name of the cover. Is it Cosco? Graco? Evenflo? Does it have a 5 point harness or 3 point? 20 pound weight limit or 22? See if you can find that out, and I'm sure someone will have a similar seat and share some opinions with you. good luck and good job doing your research, Julie

kevhaworth
12-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Julie! I got more info. It's made by Cosco, and has these features:

* Rear-facing for infants 5-22 pounds
* 5-point harness
* Car seat base included which allows for easy car seat removal
* No-thread belt path for easier vehicle installation
* Harness length adjusts from rear of shell for easier access -- no need to remove base
* Comfort-carry handle with soft foam overgrip
* Quick and easy squeeze release form top of base
* Multi-position canopy
* Full-wrap, soft cover
* Custom head and hip roll for child's comfort
* Meets Federal Motor Vehicle safety standard; approved for aircraft use
It has the LATCH system.
I haven't found a model # as yet.
Anybody have a similar one? What do you think of it?

Kevin

Momof3Labs
12-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Personally, I'd spend a little more and pick up a Graco Snugride with a front harness adjustor - those rear adjustors just don't seem worth the trouble to me!

Plus, the Baby Bargains book rates Cosco car seats a C+. At the time of publication, Cosco had had 11 car seat recalls since 1990. Other brands have performed much better.

Another place to check is Consumer Reports - but I bet that they won't rate Cosco infant seats very high, either, for the same reason.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

JMarie
12-23-2002, 12:05 AM
I agree with picking up a SnugRide - you can get one for about the same price from BabyCenter.com. They're always having great sales on Graco products. We just picked ours up at BRU and it is so easy to adjust the straps, and installing it into our car (we have LATCH) was a breeze. HTH!

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher