PDA

View Full Version : Which Britax should I go for my 2 yr old daughter?

jennyzh
12-30-2002, 09:22 PM
I'm shopping a car seat for my 2 year old daughter. I heard the Britax car seats are really convenient and comfortable, yet expensive. While I found Husky can fits a child from 22lb to 80lb, it looks like the one that I can use for my daughter until she is ready for the car seat belts. However, by law, for the child between 40lb to 60lb, it requires booster. I am not sure if the Husky can be use as the booster also, or I have to buy her another booster later. Which is the best Britax choice?

Can someone give me some advice on this issue?

Thanks!

Jenny

joodyjr
12-30-2002, 10:51 PM
The Husky pretty much eliminates the booster since it can be used as a harness up to 80lbs. At which time, your child could use the car seat belts. I myself found the Husky to be a bit much and went with the Marathon for my 2 year old son. I should get several years out of it before moving him into a booster. I know it's safer, but I can't imagine how I'm going to convince my 6 or 7 year old to get into a car seat (Husky). Plus DH thinks it's overkill too.

I really like the Marathon. I also have the Roundabout and King. Britax, in my opinion, is the best bet. The convenience features and the ease of installation make it an all around great car seat.

I think for someone buying a carseat for an infant or very young baby, the Roundabout is a good choice. For a toddler or older baby, the Marathon gives you more bang for the buck. A child that is larger for his/her age may benefit from the extended harness of the Husky so that you don't have a very young child sitting in a booster because he/she outgrew the carseat too soon.

Husky is the only seat out there that extends the harness restraint to 80 lbs, Marathon goes to 65lbs.

You can get info on all Britax seats at Britaxusa.com.