PDA

View Full Version : French Bear vs. Saratoga

LucyMeg
01-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know of any differences between the Graco Snugride French Bear seat and the Saratoga seat? Both are LX5 and have LATCH. The only difference I see (other than fabric) is the "cold weather boot" on the Saratoga. Are there others that I'm missing?

MamaHill_2003
01-03-2003, 09:25 PM
I think it's just the print -- depends on what you want. If you're looking at it online, try to see them in person since colors on the web sometimes turn out different than IRL. BRU carries both of these styles, I believe.

LucyMeg
01-04-2003, 11:30 AM
We saw them both at Babies R Us, and registered for the Saratoga. Then, we changed our minds and got the French Bear with a gift card. I just wanted to make sure they were the same, feature-wise, and they seem to be. I called Graco to make sure our specific seat was not involved in the March 2002 recall, and it was not. Thanks!

pshontz
02-08-2003, 10:49 PM
The only difference is the cold weather boot, I think. I have the French Bear. (That said, I now wish I had gotten an infant seat with the Z bar and one that fit better into store shopping carts and restaurant booths.) Priscilla

bnme
02-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Does the French Bear have straps that adjust from the front? The Saratoga does, thats what I have, but not sure about the FB. I use the boot, but really not needed. I have a Bundle me and haven't been using ut becuase of the boot. I think I will remove boot and use BM.

Off the subject, but how do other Snugride owners put their seats in shopping carts? I've read they are officially not compatible with carts but that they do fit.

bina
02-10-2003, 06:23 PM
After looking at gracobaby.com, and contacting customer service, I found that the French Bear pattern is the same carseat as the Glen Plaid pattern (model no. 8446L). The Saratoga pattern is the 8448L, and the only difference between this and the 8446L (French Bear) is the addition of the cold-weather boot. The Navy Gingham Squares pattern is the 8447L, has a canopy and visor which you can "see through" (but no cold-weather boot) and this is the only difference between this and the 8446L (French Bear). Hope this helps!