PDA

View Full Version : sit n stroll

michaelsmeme
01-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Does the sit n stroll eliminate the need for a car seat such as the britax roundabout?
Is it as good?

Momof3Labs
01-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Probably not - here's more info...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/983.html

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

Joolsplus2
01-09-2003, 05:39 PM
It surely passes government tests as well as any other seat, and it may be a very convenient option if you need to move a seat very very frequently. But unless you have LATCH, the installation of this seat is rather inconvenient for everyday use: the seatbelt goes OVER the seat and the baby, so it's very difficult to leave it installed and get the child in and out, and likely would need to be uninstalled everytime you move the child (if you used the LATCH, that would not be a problem, obviously). You'd want to make sure you got the newer model, as the older models only have a 22 pound rearfacing limit, while the newer ones have a 30 pound limit (I had to write to the company to find that out, since most of their vendor's websites have different weights!). As for the strap quality and harness adjustment quality, hopefully someone else will know something about that. As a stroller, it's not the best option for everyday use (I've read Toby's posts here that others find it doesn't stand up to well to a lot of use). I don't know if it's as comfortable for the baby as a Britax is, either (though I see one a lot at my kid's preschool, and it doesn't *look* as padded as a roundabout). Julie