PDA

View Full Version : help in choosing a car seat for my child

gravymommy3
01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
I need some help here. My daughter is 4 (almost 5) and she is currently in a Century NextStep as a belt positioner. She is 45/5 inches tall and 51 lbs. I absolutely hate having her use this as a belt-positioner. It just doesn't seem safe. She wiggles around and I am worried that if we were ever in a wreck she might not be in the right position. Other than the Britax Marathon, are there any other options for larger children?

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Tondi G
01-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Not really.... only combo-booster that will hold a child in the harness up to 50lbs is the Airway?... check burlington coat factory! other than that you have the marathon up to 60lbs and the Husky (an even larger Britax seat than the marathon!)

Good Luck... maybe others will have more suggestions!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

gravymommy3
01-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Does the marathon go to 60 or 65 lbs? Thanks

Amy

momathome
01-21-2003, 10:25 AM
The Marathon goes up to 65 lbs but given your daughter's age and size, have you considered a different belt-positioning booster? The Graco Turbo Booster ($60) is getting good reviews - it has nice head-support, the height adjusts easily, and the open-loop belt guides are easy to use. Another good choice is the Britax StarRiser Comfy ($119). This seat got fantastic reviews in Consumer Reports, has the open-loop belt guides, good head support, and adjusts in both height and width. This is the seat I use for my almost 5 year-old and we love it. Good luck!
-Lauren