PDA

View Full Version : Britax Roundabout and Ford Explorer

zacharysmom
01-19-2003, 07:15 PM
I have a 1997 Explorer XLT and we have the Britax Roundabout w/LATCH. I know I don't have the latch system but is there a tether system in the vehicle. I don't have the manuel as I am the second owner of the vehicle. Also, the seat seems to sit straight up in the rear facing position. Anyone else have this problem? I've taken it to the fire dept and they suggested putting a towel or something under it. Thanks.

C99
01-19-2003, 07:52 PM
You can call Ford's consumer HQ line and ask about the tethers. You can also request a new manual. (800) 392-3673 You can also register online at www.ford.com and get information about recalls, etc.

Joolsplus2
01-19-2003, 08:51 PM
A tightly rolled towel or pool noodle at the crease of the seat can help with recline, as can tethering a Roundabout, even in the rearfacing position...you can use the tether to help put it into the proper recline. check the seat manual, as well as this page for more information http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

zacharysmom
01-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Thank you so much. I was under the impression that you had to have an actual tether anchor in your vehicle. I think this will make a world of difference.

Just wanted to add that I called Ford and my dealer will put both tether and latch in for free. So I'm having it done this Friday.

Momof3Labs
01-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Ford can retrofit the lower anchors? That's news to me - I thought that only Audi and VW could do that, and then only on certain models and model years. The tethers I believe - but the lower anchors are surprising! Let us know how it goes on Friday!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

zacharysmom
01-20-2003, 08:34 PM
That's what they said. I hope they were correct in this.

kenlaney
01-21-2003, 09:25 AM
I don't think Ford is actually retro-fitting the lower tether. Rather, it is using the d-ring around the seat rail, or something else to secure the rear tether.