PDA

View Full Version : Differences in Graco Snugrides

Chrissy K
01-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference b/t the Snugride #8446 and 8447? The only thing I can tell from the website is that the more expensive model ($20 more) has a 2 piece harness tie and window canopy. The window is not really a selling point for me. What does the 2 pc harness tie actually do?
Thanks

angusmom
01-20-2003, 02:24 PM
What you mention is pretty much the only difference between the two seats - actually I think it's even just the window canopy. I thought all Snugrides had the 2pc harness tie? I am not sure, it seemed like all the ones I saw had it.

So I think it's just the deluxe canopy with the sun visor and window.

The harness tie keeps the shoulder harness aligned properly over your baby's shoulders - also keeps the harness from getting twisted. Since you need to "buckle" and "unbuckle" the harness tie each time Baby goes in and out of the seat, you will want a two-piece chest clip!

The one piece clips are a pain to get the strap re-threaded through it. With the two-piece clip, the shoulder straps stay threaded through the clip, and it snaps/buckles together in the middle. Hard to explain. As soon as you see it in person, you'll know what I mean.