PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Graco Treasured Cargo Booster?

Tammy
01-20-2003, 01:59 AM
We're comparison shopping for a booster for our daughter, don't need it right away but want to be informed when we do. While looking through the Target ad we spotted the Graco Treasured Cargo that has the same 5 pt. harness to 80 lbs. as Britax for $55. Has anyone used his Graco and if so are you satisfied with it or do you wish you just spent the money on the Britax?

Thanks in advance.

Tammy
Lauren (4/24/00)

Joolsplus2
01-20-2003, 02:49 PM
This is a VERY unfortunate case of a misprint that Target has made. The harness absolutely can NOT be used past 40 pounds in the U.S. I'm SO glad you are doing some research and didn't just buy this seat without checking it out first! As far as it goes, do NOT buy the Treasured, as it has only a rear adjuster, and a front adjuster is extremely important to have, so check out the Ultra Cargo (which is also a MUCH nicer seat in other ways, and worth the extra $20) or the evenflo Express or Chase, which are ~$59 and do have front adjusters. As for whether you even need a seat with a higher harnessed weight limit, it depends on your child...If she is average, than these seats should fit her to at least age 4 and probably age 5, when she should be mature enough for a belt-positioning booster, but if she is on the larger side, you might want to consider the Husky or the the Marathon to be sure you can keep her harnessed till she's ready for a booster (and kids do slow down on weight gain, my ds was 33 pounds at age 3, and is still only 37-39 pounds at age 5.5!) Here's Toby's buying guide for combo seats http://www.carseatdata.org/combo.html Julie

Tondi G
01-20-2003, 08:13 PM
If you are looking for a combo booster I would recommend checking out an Airway... they have them on the Burlington Coat Factory website... it is a Combo booster that will accomodate a child up to 50lbs in the 5 point harness and then up to 80lbs as a HBBooster! It looks like a very nice seat.... check it out! If you want to be able to harness your child to 65lbs in a 5 point then the Britax Marathon is your option!!!! Good Luck!

~Tondi

Tammy
01-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the insight Julie and Tondi. We're leaning toward the Britax Marathon for our family car but wanted something cheaper but still safe and worth the money for the second car that my daughter will only ride in on rare occasions. I'll check out the ones you recommened and check out Toby's guide.

Thanks again :)

Tammy