PDA

View Full Version : No FPSE - Britax Marathon instead?

bwhite30
01-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Well, after all my research and decision to get a Fisher Price Safe Embrace, I discover that they're no longer made. This has put me in the position of deciding between an Alpha Omega and the Britax. It seems if I go with Britax that for a few extra dollars it might be worth getting the Marathon over the Roundabout.
Any advice? Is it realistic to expect that the higher poundage limit on the Marathon will be safe in a forward facing scenario for a larger child?
Help!

Tondi G
01-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Don't buy an AO... all I can say is YUCK! Spend the extra money and buy the Britax.... you won't regret it! We had a FPSE and it was good but the Britax is sooo much better.... my Dh even appologized to me saying sorry for slacking on getting the Britax (it was our first choice but I got a great deal on the FP and we stalled on getting the RA)! The marathon is a great seat and the extra weight limit is so worth the money the seat will last a long time and then you can buy a proper booster when the time comes! If you are looking to save some money at the moment you can get a Britax Roundabout without LATCH from the Right Start for 139.99 or less!!!! Good Luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

Joolsplus2
01-20-2003, 08:23 PM
The Marathon is absolutely safe for a larger child (up to 65 pounds, but most kids will outgrow it by height at about age 6 or 7 and probably 50 pounds). It has been tested with higher weighted dummies, and if it could not pass our stringent US tests (which use only a lapbelt and no tether), then it would not be able to be sold in stores at all. So, rest assured, it IS safe :) (and a really, really nice seat....and I've owned darn near every seat (and really really hated the one cosco I had to have...the straps were monumentally twisty) you can buy, and loved it by far the best :)