PDA

View Full Version : britax convertible seats

arizonamommy
01-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know the difference between the roundabout and the marathon? Are there any new britax convertible seats out for 2003?

thanks,

marcy

tobymc
01-22-2003, 09:48 AM
The Roundabout is a fantastic regular convertible.

The Marathon is sort of a super convertible. It rear faces longer (33 pounds and 1" from the top of a very tall shell) and forward faces longer (65 pounds, but really until the child is about age 5). So you can stick with the rear facing stage longer (which is safer). And this convertible will last your child until he/she is fully ready for the booster seat stage. Most regular convertibles and "average" children end up with a gap at about age 3 1/2 when they're outgrowing the convertible, but they aren't quite ready for the booster.

There is lots on the Marathon and the Roundabout in the archives here, as well as on my website, www.carseatdata.org.

arizonamommy
01-22-2003, 01:20 PM
thank you toby

so you know what the maverick and racer roundabout are?
what about the the galaxy or advantage?

this is so confusing

thanks again

Joolsplus2
01-22-2003, 04:26 PM
maverick and racer are just cover patterns, the galaxy and advantage are birth to 40 pound seats with some different features...you might find the http://www.britaxusa.com site to be quite helpful :)

gour0
01-23-2003, 02:32 PM
There's supposed to be another coming out in 2003 called the Wizard. You can find its specs in their news section.

http://www.britaxusa.com/news.cfm?id=1&wne_id=661DE8C6-6B17-40D8-949E22F6981F666C

mama2be
01-23-2003, 04:03 PM
rumor is it will be here about the first of March, we got the Marathon because of that...I tried to hold out for the Wizard...

gour0
01-23-2003, 05:26 PM
We have a borrowed infant seat so we can hold out. :) I hope the rumor is correct!

jjkatz
01-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Can anyone explain what differentiates the Wizard from the Marathon? We're almost at the point of having to abandon our infant seat (our daughter is still a few pounds under the limit but she's tall) and despite the prices, I'm leaning towards Britax for the next seat.

Joolsplus2
01-28-2003, 01:30 PM
post 4 has a link to the specs of the Wizard, but, put another way, you never have to re-thread the harness...so when you need a taller harness height, rather than uninstall the seat from the car and fiddle with yanking the harness out and putting it back in through the slots and re-hooking it to the metal "splitter plate" or "yoke", all you have to do is dial a knob and the harness goes up and down. ok, so i made rethreading the harness sound a little harder than it actually is, but i wanted to give a good visual. that said, honestly, you don't really rethread the harness often at all, when the seat is for only one child, but it is nice to be able to get the harness right AT baby's shoulders with almost no effort. it's a convenience feature, and one has to decide whether it's worth the the money. Also, the seat is said to be coming out in March, but often there are delays and backorders, so you may have to figure in some extra time. HTH, Julie

cara1
01-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Right, from what I understand, RA is to Marathon as Advantage is to Wizard. Does that makes sense, or am I just having a strange trip down SAT memory lane?

Joolsplus2
01-28-2003, 02:40 PM
or would that be, RA is to Advantage as Marathon is to Wizard? (rofl, memory lane? more like nightmare alley....)