PDA

View Full Version : Is there a LATCH converter kit for Britax Roundabout?

ralar
01-23-2003, 12:32 PM
My 2000 Passat is equipped with LATCH anchors. I'm planning on stopping by Right Start/Zany Brainy on my way home from work to pick up a couple of carseats. Does anyone know if there is a converter kit for the non-LATCH Roundabout? The non-latch seat is marked down so low that I'd hate to spend an extra $100 if I don't have to.

--Laurie

C99
01-23-2003, 12:36 PM
This was covered a few months ago: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/1065.html

I don't know if it has changed since then, but as of this thread, the answer was no.

HTH

zen_bliss
02-14-2003, 03:15 AM
i'm told there are (thought not necessarily made by britax). try brian at www.travelingtikes.com he suggested i get the $139 deal at rightstart and get the retrofit kit later if i need it.

Momof3Labs
02-14-2003, 10:24 AM
I just replied on this topic under another thread, but wanted to copy my answer here:

You cannot use another company's LATCH conversion kit with your Roundabout. They haven't been crash tested together, and why make your child the crash test dummy? It bugs me that someone who should know better is recommending this to people!