PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is eating the comfort hugs on her Britax Marathon!

Elizasmom
01-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Anyone else have this problem? She has completely chewed off one of the little pieces that stick out of the top of one of the hugs. This seems like a safety concern. I have tried calling Britax all day today, and no one is answering the phones. They don't seem to have e-mail. Would the comfort pads help to cover up the hugs so she can't chew them? I would take the hugs off, but I was told that they are a safety feature. They are very annoying. Is there another seat I can get that goes to such a high weight limit but does not use the hugs?

cara1
01-23-2003, 06:41 PM
That is hysterical (though probably not to you). The second we put DS in his marathon, he began eating the stupid HUGS, or they poked him in the neck. So I took them off. There was a thread on this a while back (November maybe?). I think Toby said they are optional rear-facing, and required forward facing. I am not looking forward to reattaching them....

Joolsplus2
01-23-2003, 07:13 PM
If she's rearfacing, it's perfectly fine to take the HUGS off. their main function is to decrease head excursion in a forward facing crash. seats in the US must pass extremely strict crash tests: they can only be using a lapbelt and must not need a tether to meet minimum requirements, and the HUGS was the way that britax found to do that. If she is forward facing and heavy, then the Safety Baby Airway combo/booster is an option that harnesses to 50 pounds. It has shoulderpads that are sort of rubbery and grippy on the side of the body, and cloth on the side away from the body, and there's nothing to chew off...but it is honestly NOT up to the quality standards of a britax (it's not a bad seat, and is a great low-price option, it's just not very easy to use). Anyway, if she's rearfacing, take 'em off (I did!) Julie

Joolsplus2
01-23-2003, 11:45 PM
PS...call britax and they should send you more (hopefully if enough people bring the problem to their attention, they'll be able to redesign them or something so fewer kids chew them up)