PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Primo Viaggio (non LATCH) vs. Graco Snugride (with LATCH)-- need advice!

bunnisa
01-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone. Here is my dilemma. I recently purchased a 2001 Pliko travel system, which includes the Primo Viaggio car seat (non-LATCH), at Value City for the bargain price of $99. Even though it's a great deal, I really don't like the pattern (Chesapeake - navy & white plaid -- I'm not a navy or a plaid fan.).

Until I bought this Travel System, I had my heart set on the Inglesina Zippy in Sugar, which my mom said she'd buy for us, and figured I'd register for a Graco Snugride with LATCH, even though the fabric won't match the Zippy.

However, since the Snugride is $89, it seems ridiculous of me to sell the Peg Travel System which is only $99 complete!

So, I am still going to get the Zippy, but should I forget about the Snugride and keep the Primo Viaggio, even though it doesn't have LATCH? Or should I sell the whole travel system and go with the Snugride with LATCH?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Bethany

:)
:)

Joolsplus2
01-24-2003, 02:15 PM
wow, you got a great deal! 2 things for you to consider are: babies often outgrow their infant seat well before a year and often before 20 pounds (from what i've read, if you and your dh are tall, you might even only get 3-4 months with a snugride...shorter parents sometimes make it to 9 months and very occasionally a full year)..so the $89 might better serve you if put towards a roundabout or marathon. the other thing is: the viaggio seat MUST be used with the base (the snugride can be used without one), so if you are planning on doing a lot of quick changeovers in the car, the viaggio might be more to deal with than the snugride. having LATCH isn't a safety issue, but, again, may be more of a convenience issue (and you may not even be able to use it in your center seat, depending on what graco and your car manufacturer's recommendations are). oh, and one more thing....babies should not be left in carseats for more than about 20 minutes on either end of a car trip, so getting him/her out of the seat and using the Zippy might not present any fabric matching problems, and may also help prevent plagiocephaly (the flat back of the head that some babies get from spending too much time on their backs in cribs and carseats). good luck with your new little one and making your decision! Julie

bunnisa
01-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Thank you so much for the great reply! :) You've helped me decide to keep the Pliko travel system. I feel much better now...

Thanks again!

Bethany

Tondi G
01-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Just in case you change your mind.... I'd be interrested in buying the peg system from you! I wish I had a Value city near me! But honestly.... if you have the Pliko already there is really no point to get the Zippy.... they are very similar.... we have a pliko and LOVE it (we must if we are considering another right!)! Wait till baby arrives before spendning the money on the zippy.... you might be pleasantly surprised and LOVE the pliko! Oh and another idea.... you can get a replacement fabric and hood for the pliko from Peg Perego (for under 100 bucks)... but be sure to ask if they will fit a 2001 pliko first!)... there are some neat ones coming out that remind me of the Zippy.... "bella vista" is a blue and tan... looks nice... check out the website!

~Tondi