PDA

View Full Version : Is the Britax non-latch advantage worth spending $40 more for than the (M)

sbirmantaz
01-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Britax non-latch roundabout? I am trying to decide if the only difference is the harness strap adjustment and if the adjuster really makess a lot of difference? Thanks

cara1
01-28-2003, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure which seats you're trying to decide between. Are you looking at the RA (latch vs. non-latch) or the Advantage (latch vs non-latch)?

sbirmantaz
01-28-2003, 02:20 PM
I am trying to decide between the Roundabout and the Advantage. I'm not looking at the latch feature because neither of our cars have it... TIA!

Joolsplus2
01-28-2003, 02:52 PM
You mention a $40 difference. Is that something you've seen in an actual store? The reason I'm asking, is that they no longer manufacture the Advantage OR the Roundabout without LATCH, so you'd be looking at clearance items, and getting what's left over, at this point. If you can find a Roundabout for $139, then save the $40 and put it towards a combination or booster seat that you'll need when the RA is outgrown....OR look online for great deals on the Marathon ($229 free shipping at babycollection.com), and you'll have a seat that will last you 6 full years and you can spend $20 on a low back booster when the marathon is outgrown (kids need to be in boosters till at least age 8 and often age ten, fwiw). In other words, *I* don't personally find the dial adjuster worth it, but some folks love it, and if you feel it's worth the extra money to have one more feature that will help you use your seat properly on every trip, then it's definitely worth it. good luck and have fun shopping, Julie