PDA

View Full Version : Help! Looking for 29 inch Infant Seat

Dawn64
01-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Greetings,

Our baby is due soon and we want to purchase an INFANT car seat that fits up to 29 inches. According to the posts, Century Smart Fit is unfortunantly not available, Cosco has a bad track record and the Fisher Price Stay in View is appearently also off the market.

Help! Which car seats are currently available that fit a longer baby? We are specifically looking for one with a stay-in-car base

I know this topic has been revisted a bit; please forgive. I really appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
Dawn

Momof3Labs
01-31-2003, 01:23 PM
Try the Evenflo Portabout or check eBay for the Stay in View.

We have a SIV (and a long baby), and moved Colin out of it at about 27" because he just seemed to be too uncomfortable. He went from being happy in the car to screaming a lot - but now he loves his new Marathon! So I don't know if that higher height limit is such a great thing, if the babies aren't comfortable in these seats at those heights!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

Tondi G
01-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Take a look at the Evenflo Portabout! It has the higher limit! We had a Century Avanta and our son was able to stay in the seat till almost 9 months! The Evenflo looks like a nice seat! Also you can check E-bay for the FP SIV!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!