PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph

NinaBeena
02-01-2003, 08:40 PM
We have An Eddie Bauer seat (3 in 1) which is awful! The straps twist, the buckle is impossible (especially in incelement weather or with a screaming baby!)

Can anyone who uses the Evenflo Triumph with the latch system please share with me what you consider to be the pros and cons of this seat?

Thanks!

Karenn
02-01-2003, 10:20 PM
I have the Triumph and am happy with it. My favorite feature is the memory harness. I also like the nobs on the side for adjusting the harness. It's ten times easier to use than my infant seat (Peg Perego Primo Viagio). I don't find the straps to be twisty. Colin, who has a history of being a carseat screamer, is also happy in the seat, so I think it must be comfortable. Our second seat is a Graco Comfort Sport and he doesn't like it nearly as well. I think the Triumph might be wider than some seats, but I'm not sure it's any wider than a roundabout. I'd buy another one if I had the chance.

Hope that helps.
Karen
Colin 6/18/02

NinaBeena
02-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks so much Susan!

The picture of your daughter is adorable!

It seems as though your family trip worked out great. My son and I are about to take a trip and I am not sure how the whole carriage/car seat thing works. What was your experience?

navars2
08-25-2003, 11:08 PM
We do not use LATCH with our Triumph but I can share other pros and cons about it....

Pros: The seat is very well padded and very comfortable. The Memory Harness, when it works, makes it faster to buckly the child in. The biggest problem with the Memory Harness is that it is only effective when the child is wearing the same clothing as the last time they were in the seat. About half the time, I just redo the harness anyway. I really like the tension knob for tightening the straps. I find it very easy to use and very easy to get the straps tight enough. The harness height adjuster being in the front of the seat (accesible when the seat is installed) is a very nice touch and can easily be used without having to uninstall and reinstall the seat. This seat is very safe and my daughter did not even let out a peep when we were in a car accident with it (the seat is now being replaced by insurance).

Cons: The seat is big and a little on the heavy side but we had no problems using it on any of the following cars or planes: 2000 Saturn SW2, 2003 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Plymouth Transport (a minivan), 2002 Toyota Camry, Boeing 737-500, Boeing 737-300, or Embraer EMB-145. The instruction manual is hidden but is located behind the panel hiding the harness height adjuster. The straps will twist some and you have to be careful to not put your child's arms between the two upper straps (their arms should go beneath the two straps...the two straps are for the memory harness). It is easy to overtighten the harness when your child is nearing the next harness height.

Overall, we have been very happy with this seat and would definately get it again.

Susan.

P.S. The attachment is a picture of my daughter in the seat.