PDA

View Full Version : Straps don't seem to get very tight on the Marathon......

plum
02-05-2003, 12:01 AM
In comparison to the infant seat we had, the straps on the Marathon don't seem to get very tight. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong? Is it okay to completely release the straps to take him out of the seat, and then tighten them again? On the Snugride you could pull on the strap that hangs out as much as you wanted to tighten the straps.

I've noticed on the Marathon that you can pull only so much, then it stops, then you have to pull again, then it stops, etc. Will this pulling eventually wear on the straps? He's been wearing a fleece coat so maybe that's why the straps never seem as tight.

Momof3Labs
02-05-2003, 09:58 AM
We've had the same problem, with or without a fleece coat. It helped to remove the rubber pads (you can do this rear-facing, must put them back on for forward-facing - I'll find the link to the post where Toby says this) but still isn't a breeze. We probably just have to get used to it, also.

It did help a little to recline the seat he's in (it is a captain's chair) so we could pull the strap more horizontal, but most people can't recline their back seat.

Edited to add the link: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/1145.html#6

Lori & Colin 9/28/02