PDA

View Full Version : Just want to give my 2 cents about the Husky . . .

Elizasmom
02-08-2003, 06:22 PM
I bought home a Husky yesterday (we have to replace our Marathon due to an accident), and I really think it's poorly designed. The harness straps connect to a yoke that runs all the way under the bottom of the seat. This would be fine, but the seat does not have a base like other Britax seats to raise it up of the vehicle's seat. When installed tightly, at least in my Highlander, the harness straps (where they connect to the metal yoke) get stuck between the car seat and the vehicle's seat. This mean you must pull with all your might to tighten the harness. With the added weight of a child, it would be almost impossible. Also, I could not get a tight fit, and the seatbelt was almost not long enough to install this massive seat. Poor design in my opinion. I returned it and bought another Marathon!

CPSDarren
02-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't like your Husky, but hopefully the Marathon will work out better!

The Husky does a great job for the niche it serves- kids above 40 pounds who may be too tall for other options and who aren't ready for a booster. It is a large seat, so if anyone is considering one they should check for a good fit before buying, if possible.

Darren
www.Car-Safety.Org
DuPage County SAFE KIDS

Joolsplus2
02-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the input, I'm glad you could return it. The Husky may be different from the Super Elite, because of the recline bar...fortunately, I've never had a problem with the harness on my SE. The Marathon really IS a big enough seat for the vast majority of kids, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it :)